IHL is a young company with big growth plans. With the continued support of the cornerstone investors, IHL has created a business of size and scale in the first 18 months.
IHL now owns nine hotels in the UK, all delivering in line with or exceeding management’s expectations providing a strong platform from which to grow. The Group’s strategy continues to be to grow net asset value to £250 million in three years and provide a stable cash return.
IHL will continue to target opportunities that fit its investment criteria;
- Budget, economy and mid-tier hotels
- Hotels aligned to strong international brands, or hotels that have the potential to be branded.
- Hotels offering 100 bedrooms or more
- Hotels in key locations with clear hotel demand generators across Europe
- Hotels that are either investment properties or owner operated businesses
- Hotels that can deliver strong returns
However, it is also important that IHL remains opportunistic when reviewing new transactions.
IHL is continually focused on organic growth within the existing portfolio of assets, ensuring that all hotels are delivering to their full potential. IHL has an ongoing programme of investment and CapEx planned for each owner operated hotel, thus ensuring that all are delivering best-in-class guest experience.
IHL will maintain a conservative level of gearing of between 50% - 55% loan to value, on a consolidated basis and the Company aims to distribute a majority of its earning after excluding unrealised gains and losses, and after retaining a provision for replacement of Fixtures, Fittings and Equipment.